Yesterday we had 21 pupils from Year 4 training to be Reading Leaders with Rachel Owens from Reading Matters, a charity supported by Michael Murpugo and Ian McMillan. The children will now be using their training to be a Reading Leader for younger pupils in school. During the training they learnt many things including:
– how to ask good questions.
– how to build up confidence in a younger reader.
– how to give effective praise.
– how to plan activities suitable for their partner.
– how to log and evaluate sessions.
The children had a great day and they are all very enthusiastic about meeting their partners and starting the sessions. Below are some photos from the day and keep watching out for more when the sessions start.